Vuoi leggere il blog in italiano? Do you speak another language?

Monday, July 23, 2012

Big ears

We watched "Dumbo" today. The pink elephants are creepier than I remembered, but the kids didn't mind.

Appu of course, as the proud carrier of the most spectacular ears in this family (although not without competition), identifies with Dumbo. I was a bit worried that the movie might plant in his mind ideas about appearance that - I think - he hasn't really considered yet, but I think no damage was done.

It might help that I tell my kids that they are beautiful about ten times a day. In fact, when we play "I Spy", if I say "I spy something cute.." they both start screaming "Me! Meeee!". Too much self-esteem? I think not!

1 comment:

  1. The part of that movie where they go on the wine-acid trip always freaked me out when I was a kid. Clearly I was rather fragile . . .

    ReplyDelete